Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just put an offer on a house!

Posted by docmom z5 MI (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 22, 11 at 11:21

Just wanted to share my excitement. I'm getting remarried next month and had planned to have him live with me. But, we came across a great house for sale in a nearby neighborhood and decided it would be fun to start out our life together in a house new to both of us. It's bigger and has a huge yard--though mostly shady. It will be great for my native woodland gardening. Hopefully,our offer will be accepted, the bank will come through with the loan, and we can move in quickly. I'm hoping to get in before the ground freezes so I can transplant some of my mature plants from my current garden. If the ground does freeze, I guess I'll have a great excuse for a busy wintersowing season. Wish me luck!

Martha

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just put an offer on a house!

Congrats and good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: My blog

o

• Posted by bakemom z6 Central Ohio (My Page) on
    Sat, Oct 22, 11 at 13:50

Woodland? Do you need some betony seeds as a housewarming?

o

Bakemom,
I'd never heard of betony before. I googled it and it appears there are lots of types. I don't need a thing, of course, but who can turn down new flowers? Do you know what type you have and if they need moisture, dappled sun, deep shade, etc? Even if we don't get the house, I have plenty of shade where I am, and I'm always looking for something that will bloom there. Do you know if it attracts any birds or bugs? I'm always interested in increasing the kinds of critters I have around. I'll be very busy in the next few weeks, but if I get a chance, I'll send a SASBE. Thanks for the offer.

And thanks Faerygardener for the good wishes.

Martha

o

• Posted by bakemom z6 Central Ohio (My Page) on
    Sat, Oct 22, 11 at 17:11

try this link. It's not weedy but makes nice mounds of foliage then it sets up spikes with purple flowers. It's the woodland version of lamb's ear. It is not a thug though and takes time to make a nice mound.

Here is a link that might be useful: woodland betony

o

That's wonderful Martha. I'm so happy for you. Let us know if you get it.

Karen

o

Congratultions on both your marriage and your new house. I hope the two of you will be very happy together. How lovely to be starting afresh!! Good luck!!!

o

Update. We've come to an agreement on price. The initial info from the bank is that they'll grant the loan, even without my current house being sold. Inspections are set for this Friday. One special feature of this house, it has a well in addition to the city water/sewer. So, I can water my plants without having to pay city water rates. I've always been a minimal waterer anyway, since I grow mostly natives. But, maybe I'll be able to keep my Zinnias and New England Asters from looking so ratty by the end of the season. It also has a huge basement with tall ceilings. perfect for wintersowing space. Can you tell I'm trying to keep this somewhat on topic?

Martha

o

I'm so happy for you Martha!

Karen

o

Wonderful news about your marriage and your new home. Exciting times for you all.

o

Martha,

Good luck on your marriage and your new home!

Trudi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here