Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pyro321boom

Winter hoop house growing questions....

pyro321boom
11 years ago

Hello. I have been been organic gardening for about 6 years now and decided to try a hoop house this winter. We are drinking a lot of green smoothies nowadays and can benefit from having fresh greens grow all winter long. I built a small lean-to last winter where the temps got up to 100 some days because the auto vent failed on me. But sill, our kale plants grew to the top and bent over and we had a great crop. My hoop house this year is directly over my garden and is 12x18x7 so I have a lot more room. I already have kale and chard planted, but I would like to know this late in the season if there is anything else that I can put in there to harvest during the winter months. Anything from seed that will grow fast enough? Or anywhere on the net that I can buy plants to put in there? I know it's very late and everything should have been started a long time ago, but I was just curious. If not, then I guess all I have will be about 40 kale plants and 20 chard which is not a bad thing, just was hoping for some variety since I had the space. Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments (2)

Sponsored