Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Winter hoop house growing questions....

Posted by pyro321boom 5a (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 11, 12 at 10:31

Hello. I have been been organic gardening for about 6 years now and decided to try a hoop house this winter. We are drinking a lot of green smoothies nowadays and can benefit from having fresh greens grow all winter long. I built a small lean-to last winter where the temps got up to 100 some days because the auto vent failed on me. But sill, our kale plants grew to the top and bent over and we had a great crop. My hoop house this year is directly over my garden and is 12x18x7 so I have a lot more room. I already have kale and chard planted, but I would like to know this late in the season if there is anything else that I can put in there to harvest during the winter months. Anything from seed that will grow fast enough? Or anywhere on the net that I can buy plants to put in there? I know it's very late and everything should have been started a long time ago, but I was just curious. If not, then I guess all I have will be about 40 kale plants and 20 chard which is not a bad thing, just was hoping for some variety since I had the space. Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Winter hoop house growing questions....

You may want to ask this question on the veggie growing forum:
http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/cornucop/?24140

Winter sowing is a completely different "thing" than you are doing, I don't know if this group would be as helpful to you!

Also check out the forum for your growing region/state. I bet there are other hoop house growers there.

o
RE: Winter hoop house growing questions....

Thank you very much. I will repost this question there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here