Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need a counter for Zone Wars!

Posted by river_crossroads 8b Central Louisiana (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 29, 13 at 16:55

Hi all,

We need a counter for the Winter Sowing Container Count Competition, affectionately known as Zone Wars!

Terrene has done a fantastic job for the last 2 yrs. She tells me that she can't do it this yr but she will be glad to help someone else with any problems.

It can be a very simple count posted only about 2x per week or you can post every day and chat it up, your choice entirely. A Newbie can do it!

Formulas in the spreadsheet do the adding and I can help you change the spreadsheet colors or fonts if you wish. I am happy to provide tech support indefinitely but since I only sow a few jugs in my warm climate I am not the right person for the job.

Count starts on Winter Solstice, which is on Dec 21 this yr, and ends just before midnight of May 1. Celebrate May Day by sowing your last jugs and posting before you go to bed.

Really very simple. We need a volunteer!! Anyone? Best wishes, River

See link to last yr's spreadsheet in Terrene's post below:

Here is a link that might be useful: Zone Wars explained

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need a counter for Zone Wars!

River,
I have spoken with my husband, who adores me and let's me do anything, and he is willing to keep track for all of us. He spends most of his time at his computer, anyway. So, this will not be difficult for him. I'd do it, but time might not allow. He will probably just use my membership/name, so it will appear that I'm doing all the work. Gotta love it. So, on with the count!

Martha

o

Thank you to Martha's DH!!

:)
Dee

(and of course to Martha who persuaded him to do this for us!)

o

Gotta love it, indeed! Perfect! Thanks to you, DH, and thanks to you, docmom. I have e-mailed you (you, plural) at your address on your member page as I need to set up permissions. Thanks, y'all, much appreciated!

o

I have an ulterior motive for getting my DH to keep track. I'm planning to greatly expand my native pollinator garden, so I'll be planting a bunch of containers with perennials. Hopefully, the rest of you wintersowers will give me a run for my money!

Martha

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here