Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Saving seeds of Matthiola incana (Stock) plant

Posted by caddie 6 Northern KY (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 22, 09 at 18:50

Two years ago, some nice person sent me the seeds through the seed exchange from the WS forum. It is the smaller version, not the Giant Imperial. They are still in bloom and the seed pods are still not dried enough to pick. Is it safe to pick the stems now (where the seeds are located) or wait until they are dried enough to pick? I just don't know what to do. I just love these flowers. I wish I could post the flower, but I've never done it before. Thanks for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Saving seeds of Matthiola incana (Stock) plant

if you have photobucket, its the easiest way to post pics, then you copy and paste the html code and put it in the msg box i think, you check it out once you preview the msg. it should come up. ~medo i think i have that right, i haven't done that in a while, LOL

o
http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz294/Caddie10/th_Stockplant.j

• Posted by caddie 6 Northern KY (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 23, 09 at 21:54

This is a test...I'm not sure I have posted the link to my picture of the Stock plant. :>

Here is a link that might be useful: Stock plant

o

Mon, Nov 23, 09 at 21:57

It came out too small. :( lolol I'll have to try again tomorrow. Thanks for the advise, medontdo.

o

Tue, Nov 24, 09 at 14:26

This is the stock plant, hopefully larger than the last posing. Thanks for your help!

Here is a link that might be useful: Stock plant

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here