Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dusty Miller

Posted by pippi21 Z7 Silver Spring (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 3, 11 at 21:13

Has anyone been successful in wintersowing dusty miller seeds? I usually buy the starter plants from the local garden center/nursery. I kept one of the dusty miller plants from 2010 and it doesn't seem to grow any larger but stays healthy and survived the winter, hot summer, etc.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dusty Miller

I've wintersown dusty miller successfully, and they are still alive and kicking after 3 years.

o
RE: Dusty Miller

It's an annual here so I don't want to bother with it any more unless I make up a planter. I didn't winter sow it and don't know if mine small plant will make it through the winter, but I got Artemesia Silver Lace which looks pleasing and short, possibly trails.

I let my only order of plants this year sit all summer in their cell packs so my ASL might not make it. One died right after I got it in the ground. The third I gave to my daughter.

I do like the grayish green for contrast in planted areas. Plants in that category are the ASL, your dusty miller (it is pretty and lacy), lamb's ears (maybe?), cerastium, can't think of any others.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here