Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moonphase

I need seeds

moonphase
12 years ago

Hi everyone,I hung around here a few yrs where I learned to winter sow and lots of good info about different plants.Then things in life changed my husband died,my health got bad for several yrs and I did very little.Last year I did a few and my grandson did tomotoes and they had great success.

I am ready to come back to garden web now,I want to plant but I don't have any seeds so I am asking to the ones I know and don;t know to please send me seeds to get started.I will save them at harvest and pay them forward.I will keep a record and will send seeds back to you.The yrs I ws'd I had wonderful sucess and fun,doing usually over 400 containers a yr.I got big bed quick,So think about it my santas and let me know if you have any extras...Thanks

moonphase

Comments (20)

• drippy
    12 years ago

Email me, Ms. Moonphase - you've been a great player in past Theme Garden Swaps - let me know some particulars of what you're looking for. I can at least send you a few.

I also recommend that you join this year's Theme Garden Swap (on the Round Robin Exchange), being hosted by Sandlapper Rose. Indicate that you don't have a whole lot to share, but would like to play anyway. I am betting you will get a whole lot more back.

Also, check out Bakemom's Newbie Seed Project - she has a very broad view of the definition of Newbie, which would include you. Wintersown.org also will send you seeds for postage, although that may be limited to tomatoes; I haven't been over to the site lately.

• not_a_contessa
    12 years ago

Hi Moonphase, I have seeds I can send you. Do you have any idea what you would like? I have annuals, perennials, herbs, and veggies. E-mail me through Garden Web.

Mary

• bakemom_gw
    12 years ago

You sound like a newbie to me.

• moonphase
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks so much...I'm so glad you remember me drippy.The theme swap is such a fun swap.I signed up,ordered some seeds and hopefully Home DePot will still have some out.The one here in my area usually have some year round,so,I think I will be ready...
    moonphase

• dem_pa
    12 years ago

You were the first person to give me a rating on the Rate and Review forum back in 06. I sent you an email yesterday asking for your address.

Don

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    12 years ago

Moon, send me an email with your addy and I will send you a nice packet of flowers seeds.

Lisa

• plays_in_dirt_dirt
    12 years ago

I remember your posts, moonphase. Send me an email. I have lots of seed for you to choose from.

Barbara in Virginia

• seedmoney
    12 years ago

Welcome back, moon. Take a peek at my list- I'm delighted to share with you.
    Here's to your new beginning,
    seedmoney

Here is a link that might be useful: my trade page

• northforker
    12 years ago

Hi Moonphase - I remember you being a veteren when I was a newbie!

So sorry to hear about the loss of your husband.I hope you find comfort in happy memories.

Please send me your address so I can mail you off assorted seeds from my garden. It would be my pleasure.

Nancy

• shemeows
    12 years ago

Please send me an email and give me an idea what you are looking for. I'll be happy to send you some.

Maria

• ladyrose65
    12 years ago

send me an e-mail, I'll send out what I can. (flower seeds)

• snapdragon36
    12 years ago

HI Moonphase
    I would be happy to be santa for you. Send me a email.
    Your welcome to anything on my trade page.
    Debbie

• kqcrna
    12 years ago

Hi moonphase, welcome back. If you still need seeds, email me and I'll find you some but after Christmas.

Karen

• ellenrr
    12 years ago

what generosity! :)

Moonphase, very sorry for your loss.
    Hope you have an excellent gardening season. You sure are off to a good start.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    12 years ago

Moonphase, do you think you'll be posting a wants list???

Lisa

• moonphase
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The best of the best are right here on the winter sowing forum.Thank you all so very much for your generous offer.I have written to a few so I am sure I will be blessed with enough seeds to get me started.I am also going to order some seeds,even though to me the commercial seeds are never as good as the ones wsers have,Again thank you all.Merry Christmas.
    moonphase

• moonphase
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I believe if anyone of us needed any thing,all we would have to do is post it here on this site.The people here are the most caring people I have ever met any where out side of family and church family.They all genuinely care.I posted this and I got enough seeds from dem-pa,seedmoney and snapdragon36 to fill up a garden.Thank you all so much for all the offers,but with what these 3 people have sent and some I bought from Burpee for a couple of swaps,I'm doing good.This weather is not co-operating though.It was cold for about 2 weeks and now is in the 70's..not sure how the seeds will do this year.Hope all of you are having a good wsing season,so far.
    moonphase

• ymaddox
    12 years ago

moonphase i would like to extend a offer if there is anything on my trade list you would like email me and i will get you some seeds. sorry for all the trials in your life...it makes us strong warriors for the lord...your mind always knows that but your heart has a bit of a tougher time. god bless you and if you see anything you cant live without let me know :)

• moonphase
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you Mary,Debbie and Lisa.. for sharing some seeds with me.I am steadly wsing 2 of my grandsons learned to ws last yr and they will be comming to sow what they choose hopefully this week end....and now because everyone has been so generous.we have a good selection....
    moonphase

• organic_greenjeans
    12 years ago

moonphase ~ what a great name! I'm very new here, but I have a few seeds I could share. Just checked your list so I hope I can send something of use! Will email you after I go through seeds later today. Jean

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH