Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
donn_

Everybody got their clothes on?

donn_
13 years ago

I figured there was going to be a big celebration here tonight. The first time in 372 years a Total Lunar Eclipse has happened during the Winter Solstice.

P A R T Y !!

Comments (25)

• trudi_d
    13 years ago
  • kqcrna
    13 years ago

Hey, donn! Are you wintersowing? We haven't seen your garden pictures lately.

Karen

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

Hi Donn:
    I just wanted to wish you Happy Holidays. It's been awhile, my old WS friend!

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    13 years ago

arghhhh! They are saying we probably won't see the eclipse here.....raining. Really, really raining right now.

Toga! Toga!....may in reality be towel! towel! for those of us in the PNW

• tomva
    13 years ago

quit your grinnin and drop your linen,theres seeds to be a sowin

• kimka
    13 years ago

Makes you wonder what magic the lunar eclipse will have on seeds from hybrids sown tonight.

• countrycarolyn
    13 years ago

Ewwwww I was just reading and there is also going to be a meteor shower (which that happens every year) and they say that since there is going to be a lunar eclipse we may be able to see it pretty good. Usually there is a full moon and the moon distracts from the shower. So this year is even more special. I am extra giddy now!!

• tepelus
    13 years ago

Unfortunately, even if I could stay awake long enough to watch it, our forecast for tonight calls for cloudy skies and snow. Go figure.

Karen

• LindaMA
    13 years ago

Cloudy skies and snow flurries here in Western MA.

• daisydawnny
    13 years ago

cloudy here too. bummer

• just1morehosta
    13 years ago

Snowing really hard here right now, bummer.I was so looking forward to the eclipse.I may not live another 300 + years to see the next one.
    cAROL

• kqcrna
    13 years ago

It's just starting to snow here now, changing to freezing rain thru the night. Cloudy, no moon visible.

Driving will be fun tomorrow, too.

Karen

• terrene
    13 years ago

Well bummer...it's cloudy with light snow here too. For those with clear skies, sounds like an interesting sky tonight!

• ladyrose65
    13 years ago

I'm going to check it out! It's COLD!!!!

• trudi_d
    13 years ago

There is a HUGE halo around the moon. Just incredible. If the halo was a hulahoop and the moon a shooter-marble, you could imagine the enormous size of the halo.

• docmom_gw
    13 years ago

Trudi,
    I'm so jealous! I set my alarm so I could get up to watch with my 13 year-old daughter. Clouds. We can't even tell what part of the sky the moon might be in. Well, back to bed. Maybe I'll get some wintersowing in later today. My mom is driving over to spend a day or two with my kids while they're on holiday break and I'm still working. I'll plant some stuff for her to take home for her garden. I I love this time of year! And I promised myself I'd set a personal record. I've been doing this for about 7 years and I think I'll need to do 400+. Yeah!

Martha

• trudi_d
    13 years ago

Martha, I took a picture of the halo ;-)

400? I get overwhelmed by 80, sigh. I haven't done a 'big sow' in a few years. Hmmm. Tempting. I do need part shade perennials.

• mnwsgal
    13 years ago

Snow had stopped but clouds remained. Bummer.

• donn_
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I fell asleep in my recliner at about 1AM. Missed the whole durned show.

• ljpother
    13 years ago

I saw the beginning -- didn't stay up for the rest. Oh well apparently the wait is about 90 years for the next time.

At -18C I was dressed. :)

• mnwsgal
    13 years ago

For those who missed it.

Here is a link that might be useful: 2010 Solstice Lunar Eclipse

• trudi_d
    13 years ago

I wasn't dressed, well, I wasn't dressed adequately. Flannel jammie bottoms and a thin sleep-top. However, as it was so late and no one was looking (closely) I did get nekkid in the shower while the moon shone through the bathroom window.

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

It was hard to see the eclipse here in Atlanta...through my eyelids.
    Thankfully technology allows me to catch up with our night sky, neighbors of ours gathered to watch with telescopes and filmed for us who decided to sleep through it!
    No WS for me today. I'm waiting for the next set of seeds to come my way from Canada.
    Two other fave seed companies have not published catalogs yet (nor are taking orders for 2011...they need to wake up and smell the winter sowing ;)

• kqcrna
    13 years ago

I went to bed. Looked too cloudy to see anything anyway. We got an inch or two of fresh snow overnight. Really looks like winter. And it has stayed cloudy, dreary, foggy, drizzly all day.

Have been running around all day- 2 groceries, 2 bakeries. My son arrives tomorrow and I was stocking up on all of his favorites.

I do have seeds orders on the way from Stokes and Swallowtail.

Karen

• PVick
    13 years ago

I couldn't even find the moon last night! But the sky turned an eerie navy blue color ........

PV