Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sassybutterfly_2008

Winterswap 2013

How's everyone? Did you have a great Thanksgiving holiday? I'm a little late starting up this year but I think it's a great time now, in between the 2 big holidays to generate some interest.

How was everyone's grow season this year? Did you have a yard full of flowers?? Do you have plenty of seeds to swap with other winter sowers?

Let's hear from those that are interested in participating the in the Winter Sowing WinterSwap this year! What did you enjoy from last year's seeds?

I'll be posting the 'official' sign up link later this evening.

Looking forward to hosting for all of you once again!

Happy Winter Sowing!!
~Sassy

Comments (15)

• TimMcC57
    10 years ago

I'm brand new here after a friend told me about this today. I am particularly interested in getting a head start on sweet woodruff. Any suggestions? The picture is from a former garden I would like to recreate.

• heavenlyfarm
    10 years ago

I would be interested in this seed swap :) I only just started venturing to participating in round robin swaps(taking part in the secret santa swap) but would love to try another one too before my first attempt at winter sowing gets into full swing!
    ~michael

• molanic
    10 years ago

This forum has been so slow lately, wonder where everyone is? I have been checking it regularly though to see if the swap was on for this year, so I was so excited to see your post. You have done such an excellent job hosting it in the past...really going above and beyond. I'm going to have plenty of seed to share and am just starting to work on making packets for the wlomwl swap, bakemom's newbie project, and now this too hopefully! Perfect thing to work on when it feels like zero degrees outside.

• poisondartfrog
    10 years ago

I have popped over here a few times to see if you were hosting this swap. I was getting a little worried about you Sassy. If you go forward, I'm in.
    Alana

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    10 years ago

Hi Sassy!

I will play if it goes...

Lisa

• docmom_gw
    10 years ago

I have seeds I can contribute, as well. I've not done many swaps, but count me in.

Martha

• sassybutterfly_2008
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi everyone!! I'm happy to see some people have noticed the post. I agree it has been moving slowly 'round here! There is a lot more action on the FB page so I'll probably check if it's ok with Trudi and post some info about the swap on there as well.

Welcome to our new members! I'm so happy to have you join in! (About that sweet woodruff, let me do some research and I'll letcha know!)

Here's the link to the official sign up page:

Here is a link that might be useful: *~* Welcome to WinterSwap 2013 ~*~

• User
    10 years ago

Hmmmm always a tad envious here in the UK (where everyone is still concentrating on edibles). We do have 'seedy Sundays' and such but it is really hard to get any good perennials (and no-one ever seems particularly interested in my carefully sorted and labelled offerings, even though I have ransacked our local botanics for the past decade and have some really odd things.
    Ah well, participating vicariously and in spirit.

• ellenrr
    10 years ago

can someone tell me how to find the page where I list what I have to trade? thanks.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    10 years ago

Hi Ellen, just scroll all the way down on this page.there should be a link that says member pages, click on it. It will say edit your exchange list.

• molanic
    10 years ago

Link to edit your exchange lists, you must be logged in first.

http://members.gardenweb.com/members/exch-edit.cgi

To view any user's exchange list use this link with their gardenweb username added to the END of the address.

http://members.gardenweb.com/members/exch/

The links to edit your pages are not very easily found and should be at the top of the page where the "your profile" link is. The "your profile" link incidentally just says I am not logged in even though I am. Not sure where it is supposed to go to.

I will post this on the winterswap thread too, since they can be hard to find even for those of us who have used them for years!

• ellenrr
    10 years ago

Thank you for the info. I had a very hard time posting to this thread, bec. it kept saying 'not logged in' even tho I was. Something is wrong with the site, I hope they fix it. that is why when I finally got in, I posted my question separately-
    my question about swap is that I do not know varieties of my seeds, just know the plant name (for example, blanket flower), sometimes I know the color, sometimes not.

so I saw on the original post that there would be a swap for seeds of this kind, but did not see where that is.
    or will that happen later?

thanks!

• PaperFinch
    10 years ago

Just wanted to say I got my big seed swap packet out in the mail today! So excited to take part this year!

• TNflowerlover Zone 7a
    10 years ago

Ellen, I am not in charge, but maybe you can email the OP directly (sassy) and ask her? I would also use the links in molanic's post to list your seeds, in case some are interested in side trades....if you are interested.

I also have issues logging in, at times....especially on an iPad. Good luck! :)

Oh, here is another thread about the swap...there is a lot of info in the first post. I think more people are using it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Winter Swap

• skyblue52
    10 years ago

hello would like to join Susan

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz