Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bakemom_gw

2064/96 No it's not my blood pressure.....

bakemom_gw
16 years ago

It's the number of packs of seed sent out to newbies/plus donors for the 2007-08 season.

96 people have participated to date and the donations have been incredibly generous. Folks have sent all kinds of seeds, seed packs, envelopes, stamps, etc and I am winging things out the door as fast as I can. I have managed a 24 hour turnaround for all packs - some go out the door with one hour of receipt.

I am not nearly finished - there are literally hundreds and hundreds of packs ready to go and I am packing up seed from bulk packs every day.

WHO NEEDS SEEDS? Come on!

Comments (21)

• galcho
    16 years ago

Hi, bakemom,
    I am completely new to WS and growing perennials. Was growing only veggies last years, but want to try WS some easy to start perennials. I need seeds. Thank you

• Julie
    16 years ago

Wooo Hoooooo !!!! You GO girrrrrl!!

The Need for Seed is no slight thing!

How wonderful you are to do sow much for so many!

• msmisk
    16 years ago

I have lots of seed to send you . . . as soon as the holidays are over, I'll get right on it.

Carol

• storygardener
    16 years ago

You rock, Bakemama!!!!!!!!!!!

What a wonderful thing it is that you do! That's an incredible number to send to and packs to send out.

This is the good stuff of life. Thanks!

• shimla
    16 years ago

Bakemama LOL! How about Seedmama! I don't know where you find the time, that's an incredible undertaking. One bubbler at a time make the whole world that much more beautiful!

• bakemom_gw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Galcho, your email is blocked. Email me directly at:

kcmccoyesq@aol.com

• tiffy_z5_6_can
    16 years ago

Bakemom aka Santa. You have to be the real one! :O) You are awesome!

• ich_bin_nathan
    16 years ago

I would love some seeds! Do I just need to e-mail you?

• woodhawk
    16 years ago

Bakemom,

Got the seeds you sent, (sure glad I have an acre lot here) will probably run out of room to plant all of the wonderful seeds. Should have sent a larger SASBE hahah.
    Thanks so much for helping us (the NEWBIES) out this way.

Ted

• gardener-budding
    16 years ago

Hello bakemom,

I am brand new to WS. In fact, all I have done so far is started to collect containers. I am attending a class on WS at the end of this month and would absolutely love any seeds that you might have to share! I am in the cold state of MN and am excited for a great opportunity to get ready for next growing season!

Thanks so much!
    Caarin

• bakemom_gw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I have plenty of seeds for SASBE ready to go. We are nearing nearly 3,000 packs of seeds to/from 120+ participants!

Head to the WS exchange and post please!

• goofeegardener
    16 years ago

I need seeds! - I would love to try WS. The only seeds I have successfully saved so far are cilantro & dill from 2006, which I can donate. Oh.. & I have 2 butternut squash that I hope to get seed from any day now.

• bakemom_gw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Goofee, please unblock your email and post on the WS exchange. I would love to send you some seeds.

• chrisd4421
    16 years ago

I am a newbie as well but I have not idea what I am doing....I would love some seeds....I am just starting out...

Please let me know what I need to do or where to go to find out what to do....

Thanks
    Chris

• ilene_in_neok
    16 years ago

Bakemom, I would LOVE to have some seed if you have room for one more newby! I was directed to this site by someone on the Oklahoma Gardening site and I'm trying it for the first time. Please e-mail me and I will give you my mailing address. What a lovely thing to do! Ilene

• bakemom_gw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ilene, I would love to send you seeds. Unblock your email and post on the WS exchange! There are plenty of seeds for all.

• Vanessa 8a
    16 years ago

Thank you thank you thank you! I'm having so much fun looking a pictures of the seeds and how to grow them. I only wish I had enough room to plant them ALL! I'm having a VERY hard time trying to deside.

It's such a wonderful thing that you and all the donors have done. Hopefully this coming season I can learn how to get those seeds and pay it forward.

Vanessa

• ilene_in_neok
    16 years ago

OK bakemom, I think I have it unlocked now?? Not very good at this. I also sent you an e-mail, hope it worked.

• ilene_in_neok
    16 years ago

Wow, Bakemom, I got my seeds and they are WONDERFUL! Several I really, really wanted and several others I had never heard of before but I've gotten pictures and descriptions of them off the Internet and YES! I'm going to really enjoy these. Thank you to Bakemom for doing this and to all the folks who sent seed to her so she could!

• caroline_2008
    16 years ago

Bakemom, you are doing a marvelous job, and a huge job it must be, my moonflower seeds didnt sprout last year. I am going to try winter sowing some this winter. I would like some seeds of purple moonflowers. I am a newbie at winter sowing, but have gardened for several years, it sounds exciting to be sowing in winter. Thanks for all you do for all of us gardeners. I have lurked many days and nights on this forum and have leared a lot from so many "experts"

• threeorangeboys
    16 years ago

Wow! I'd love some seeds. Not sure what I do? Head to the WS exchange?
    My email is sarah_humphries5@hotmail.com if that helps. I'll try to poke around the WS exchange and see if I can figure it out.

How generous of you. thank you!