Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladyrose65

Got my first seed order in. Have you all started?

ladyrose65
9 years ago

The economy got me this season. But I got my first seed order on such a dreary, rainy day, from Swallowtail. I'm excited about Agastache and Helenium.

Have you all started for the season? If so...what are you most eager to grow?

Comments (7)

• heavenlyfarm
    9 years ago

I can't wait to get some of my group swaps back!!! None today which sucks because I will have to wait till Monday and I have off till then :(

I am thinking of placing an order with GeoSeed for any seeds, I really can't do without that I don't get in these swaps!Anyone have experience with them?

I am most eager to try a few new things like Clematis, Foxglove and a bunch new Agastache varieties from seed!! :)

~michael

• regencylass
    9 years ago

I placed my first order of the season (was just over $100) in mid November, and received it a week later. Then I placed another $100+ order last week (received it yesterday), and place yet another $150+ order yesterday afternoon. And that's only from 3 catalogues. I can't wait to discover what delights the seed catalogues to come have in store for me. :D

And these are all heirloom/open pollinated seeds, so are able to be saved from one year to the next.

• ladyrose65
    Original Author
    9 years ago

FYI: for those who are looking for Daylily seeds T's Flower's and Things still has a wonderful selection at some more than reasonable prices. She even shows some of the babies of certain mixes.

• docmom_gw
    9 years ago

I ordered coleus seeds, received them, planted them, they sprouted, and then mice decapitated every sprout. So, I'm working on culling the mice, while I wait for a second order of coleus seeds to arrive. I wouldn't have minded, but these were for my mother to mix and match in her porch pots. She's getting too frail to get out in the garden, so she gardens on her porch. I also ordered some dianthus to fill a gap in my spring bloom period, and some multi-headed sunflowers to provide pollen for the bumble bees.

Martha

• moonwolf_gw
    9 years ago

I have the first two trades done of the year, but I haven't ordered from anywhere, yet. I have a few new ones I've never planted before, so I'm hoping to get some good results from them (Michael and I are both doing white Magnolias from seed, so I'm sure you'll hear updates from both of us lol). I also am going to try Yucca, Lilac, Stella D'Oro Daylilies, and I think that's it for the newbies.

My lists are updated if anyone feels like taking a look :). I only have three kinds of seeds to offer, and not much of the milkweed or ironweed, but people are welcome to them.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• ladyrose65
    Original Author
    9 years ago

You all got some good seed selections going. Coleus in the winter...I'm Impressed!

Regency class, Love it support the small businesses. I was disappointed in the small selections of new species for 2015. The economy is taking it's toll.

Brad, you and I are growing the same this season Yucca, Lilac's and Stella D'oro daylilies. Cover the Yucca and Lilac seed lightly.

• moonwolf_gw
    9 years ago

Will do, ladyrose! I forgot, I'm also trying Heuchera for the first time this season, too.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Sponsored