Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
off topic - need technical assistance

Posted by meadows 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 27, 10 at 15:54

A few weeks ago some folks were having difficulty getting into the Exchange Forum. Apparently someone was able to get technical assistance. I have been trying for several weeks to change my email address to no avail. I have sent messages through the usual contact source. Any suggestions.

BTW I also tried to register using a different name and could not accomplish this either.

Dorothy M (Meadows)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: off topic - need technical assistance

Dorothy - did you use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page? It's the last link, center of your screen, in the green ribbon at the bottom of each page. I used that when I was having trouble a couple weeks ago and not only did they get the problem resolved within minutes, they sent me a confirmation/apology email to let me know I could try again.

o

Coincidentally, I just contacted GW admin this afternoon regarding this very issue. I changed my email address about 6 months ago and the change worked fine. With the new login system, it has changed back to my old email address! On top of that, I tried to send myself an email and it didn't go through to the old address. I also have to put my zone in manually every time I post!

This is all getting really annoying. If my email doesn't work, I can't do a seed offer on the seed exchange, nor receive emails from other GWers.

I can't offer any advice other than to use "Contact Us" and alert them.

o

Thanks for your suggestions - Apparently my updates did go through as they are showing properly now.

One last nagging problem to go ...
get my rear in gear and winter sow!

Dorothy M

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here