Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Got my order fom EverWilde Farms Today!

Posted by ladyrose65 6bNJ (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 4, 12 at 17:44

What beautiful packaging! I love the amount of seeds you get for $2.50! This is my first time ordering from them, thru the enabling post on this site. I got mad Coreopsis and Asters the Butterflies are going to be Happy!

Someone should post a list of all the seed companies.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Got my order fom EverWilde Farms Today!

Don't go looking at Gardens North if you don't want to make another order, that site is HHHUUUUUGGGGEEEEE!!!!!! I spent over an hour drooling, will probably talk myself into ordering this weekend.....

o

Here'a a website that I keep in my favorites that holds a number of Vendors offering seeds/plants/supplies/etc....

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Vendor List w/links

o

Quite a list...thanks for posting it! But...my favourite seller wasn't included and I don't see many other vendors that sell the kinds of seeds I sow. Does anyone else grow mostly trees/shrubs/wildflowers native to their area?

I have bought from:

http://www.prairiemoon.com/

Are there other vendors that sell these kinds of seeds?

o

Sandy, Thank You for the link. Wow! All those seed companies!

o

adidas: Missouri Wildflowers Nursery has a great catalog of Missouri native flowers, grasses, vines,shrubs, and trees. I have been well pleased with their seeds and plants. I am a newbie to wintersowing (a few successful jugs last winter) Have been reading posts on this forum since last Feb. but this is my first post. Am anxious to get started in earnest.

o

Adidas - haven't counted the exact number, but I've probably winter-sown over 100 species that are native to eastern North America, and growing. I also collect seed locally. Not a fanatic but I grow a preponderance of native plants, especially in my "back garden" because they support the native fauna in this region. I also grow lots of tropical annuals - such as Tithonia, Zinnias, Salvia, tropical milkweed, etc. that are not native to this region, because the pollinators just LOVE them. Also there are plenty of non-native perennials that are not invasive, and are choice wildlife plants as well.

I've ordered from Prairie Moon on several occasions. Also, Everwilde, which offers many natives, and Prairie Nursery.

Everwilde does have great quantities in their packets!

o

Oh and Latebloomer - welcome to the forum, and much luck for this season's winter-sowing!

o

Got my second order in, this time I ordered herbs to attract bees. Our vegetable garden was a flop last summer, however, the flowers were growing fabulous. I'm looking for plants that caters to bees.

o

Plants of Distinction order arrived today, pretty envelopes, but lack of information about the plants.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here