Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moonwolf_gw

Just Four Days To Go!

moonwolf_gw
12 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm all ready to plant on the 22nd! I cannot describe how tempted I am to start planting right now! In the meantime, I'm still looking at seeds and the only ones I'm hunting for right now are strawflowers. I won't be planting them until late Feb./early March like the rest of my annuals. If anyone has any, please let me know! I can trade some ironweed or love lies bleeding for them!

A little funny story for you all. I was listening to this song and it made me think of our gardens and how appealing they are to everyone :-). If this brings back memories for you, let me know! I just LOVE this show and this song! I'll definitely be listening to this when I'm planting my seeds!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Here is a link that might be useful: Song For Solstice

Comments (7)

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

So who's got their containers ready? I'm all set! My sister brought me two more jugs today! I think I might prep them before going to bed tonight.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• t-bird
    12 years ago

did I do bad by planting yesterday???

• gardenweed_z6a
    12 years ago

t-bird - the reason WS usually starts on the solstice is tradition. You didn't do "bad", you just got a jump start. I didn't know about starting on the solstice the first time I WS--I started on December 13. When I learned about starting on the solstice, I just didn't count those few early containers for the Zone Wars.

• TraceyOKC
    12 years ago

Woo Hoo! Im so excited! Wintersowing had to take a backburner to Thanksgiving and Christmas, but, I am 100% ready for Christmas and tomorrow is the 22nd! AND I am even off work too! I had resigned myself that planting a week or two after the holidays would be fine too, but this is great.

I had gathered all my soil, jugs and seeds before the holidays so I am ready there. Looks to be dry and 50 degrees tomorrow...not bad. Zone Wars look out!

:-)

• gardenweed_z6a
    12 years ago

I'm feeling pretty revved up too TraceyOKC!! Yesterday I printed my labels for the Japanese red maple, beauty bush & crocosmia I'm planning to sow and the day before I finished prepping enough milk jugs to get me started.

There's a compressed bale of Fafard growers mix in the living room that I brought inside back at Thanksgiving plus another one out in the garage. It's been in there since August so it's dry and won't be frozen when I bring it inside sometime in February.

I'm guessing there are roughly 110-125 milk jugs inside the garage as well, either in giant contractor-size trash bags or strung together on string & hanging from the rafters. I hope there are enough...I've got lots of seed:

{{gwi:458454}}

{{gwi:458455}}

{{gwi:458456}}

{{gwi:458457}}

• ladyrose65
    12 years ago

You all are ready to go! I'm going to sort through my seeds tomorrow. I finished my last final today in school. Glad it's over for this semester. Stressed...!

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

Technically those starting seeds the last couple of days are fall sowing since winter doesn't start until the solstice. Winter sowing starts on solstice since that's the first day of winter.

I have my containers ready and will fondle, err, sort through my seeds this evening to chose those for the solstice celebration.

Sponsored