Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jodie74_gw

I've moved to..........

jodie74
12 years ago

NOWHERE!!!!! That's right! After 6 GRUELING months of preparing a house to put on the market, preparing 4 kids emotionally to move, jumping through MANY, MANY hoops for my husband's human resource dept in preparation for a transfer, scrimping & saving every penny for a new house, they decided he's.... and I quote... "TOO critical of an employee here to transfer him somewhere else!" So he said.... START TREATING ME LIKE ONE & I'll stay here!!!!.... :) So they gave him a promotion & a nice raise & we agreed to stay!!!!! We just got this news LAST WEEK!!!! Just in time for the winter sowing season! :P

I'm SOOOOOOOOO HAPPY to not be leaving my GARDEN!!!! YIPPEE!!! I worked WAY TOO HARD last year to give it up! hahahaha

Now I've missed most of the seed trading season but that's ok.... spent last eve on ebay & I vow to use up lots of my 4 shoe size boxes of seeds!!! But I also vow to NOT WS 1500 CONTAINERS!!!! LOL I was still planting in Sept!! & I have about a dozen or so in my garage to overwinter.

I just wanted to pop in & say HELLO to my gardening friends whom I've dearly missed!!!!!!! I'm sure you can understand when I say I am GIDDY with EXCITEMENT over being here to see my babies next summer!!!! I really thought I was losing them all. My hubby tried to encourage me by saying it was just my "practice garden." It didn't help much... Well, I've got more seed shopping to do on ebay so gotta get going....

ps..... welcome to the newcomers I see this year & I hope to post pics in the next few days! WS WORKS!!!!!

Comments (4)

• dorothy4981
    12 years ago

Jodie great news. Happy, happy, joy, joy!

• northforker
    12 years ago

Wow, what a roller coaster ride! I'm glad that you did not have to move if you really didn't want to (especially with four kids!).Have a great winter sowing season!

Nancy

• christie_sw_mo
    12 years ago

Thank goodness your house hadn't already sold and what a pain to have to keep it prepared for inspection for six months while you were trying to sell it.
    But - You must be wonderfully caught up on housework and will have plenty of time for winter sowing. Congrats!

• gardenweed_z6a
    12 years ago

Hi Jodie! That's great news that you get to see your WS plants come up and bloom next year! Keeping the house spotless...well, like christie pointed out, now you can take a break from it and focus on winter sowing!

I was still planting out in October and I didn't WS anywhere near as many containers as you did. I just waited while some of my sprouts got some size to them and while I prepped (read enlarged) a bed to plant them in.

Holler if you need seeds--I still have a few I haven't traded away yet.

Sponsored