Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Zone Wars 2012-2013, Getting Ready!

Posted by river_crossroads 8b Central Louisiana (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 18, 12 at 20:53

Winter Solstice, Friday, Dec 21, 2012

Hi all, our fierce, friendly competition is starting soon! Affectionately known as Zone Wars, it's a competition by zone of container count (how many containers we sow).

Zone Wars starts on Winter Solstice, Dec 21, 2012, when there's usually a sort of online party all day long in this forum, and the competition runs through May 1, 2013. Everyone encouraged to participate. I have twisted Terrene's arm - and she agreed to be our counter again!

Does anyone have suggestions to improve Zone Wars? Any and all aspects open to discussion - postings, count, tally, announcing winners, etc. Post suggestions here.

Please see Terrene's final Zone Wars thread from last year on the link below. Her first post has all the instructions plus links to previous Zone Wars threads, my post of May 2 has links to spreadsheets with the winners, and all the posts from forum members will give newbies a chance to see how this works. (Last yr Winter Solstice was Dec 22 but this yr it is back to its usual day, Dec 21.)

Post suggestions here, but post your container count in a new thread that Terrene will start with the Official Count. Thanks, everyone, for your help and support. See link below. Happy Zone Wars! River

Final thread with winners from Zone Wars 2011-2012

This post was edited by river_crossroads on Tue, Dec 18, 12 at 21:06

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Zone Wars 2012-2013, Getting Ready!

Hi River, thanks for posting this, I will be starting the "Official" Zone Wars thread tonight. If anybody has any ideas about what they'd like see happen with the count this year, please feel free to post here, and you can certainly post to the count threads too.

I am looking forward to lots of sowing this season. A friend who lives in Boston gave me some tree and shrub seeds from the Arnold Arboretum. I better get going because I think they generally need several months of cold stratification.

Hope everybody has a great year!

Happy sowing!!

o
RE: Zone Wars 2012-2013, Getting Ready!

I'm winter sowing like crazy, and getting the neighbors in on the deal too!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here