Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
more packs from the Newbie Seed project 2012-13 Read and post

Posted by bakemom z6 Central Ohio (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 10, 12 at 21:22

Thanks to generous donors I have many packs ready to pass out to those who wish them. PLEASE follow these rules:
1. Post your request here. They go to my private email and I will send you my addy.
2. 5 stamps and a mailing label. I will provide bubble mailers. Mailers are running about 1.95 for first class now. 5 should cover it.
3. Seeds have 20+ packs of flower seeds - my choice. You can use them however you want. If you want to trade some away - no problem. This project is sheer benevolence.
4. i do have some veggie packs ready - 15+ packs. If you wish both, please send 2 extra stamps to be safe.

I will post when it is time to stop so i can assamble more. This project runs generally through March.
Have fun

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: more packs from the Newbie Seed project 2012-13 Read and post

I would like to take you up on your offer for the flower and veggie seeds.

Thanks
Jeff

o

May I please have some veggie seeds and flowers. Thank you.

Patty from Yorktown

o

I would be appreciative for some veggie and flower seeds. Thanks.

Melissa

o

Thank you for your offer. I would really enjoy having the flower and veggie seed. Ann

o

Thank you for your generosity I would love flower and vegetables. Thank you again, Kelli

o

• Posted by bakemom z6 Central Ohio (My Page) on
    Sat, Dec 15, 12 at 21:29

keep em coming

o

Bakemom, I would love to have a flower package. Thank you for doing this project. I am excited.

o

TBakemom I would love a package of anything! I just moved and am starting from scratch. I'm beginning my wintersowing this week. Thank you for doing this!

o

I'd be interested in both. Thanks!

o

Hello Bakemom, I would appreciate a packet of flower seeds, please. I sincerly do thank you for doing this. If you have Rudbeckia Goldstrum, I would appreciate a packet. I love the abundance of buds that it produces.

Thanks in advance.

o

I would be interested in flower and veggie, as I messed up on wintersowing last year & am starting over with many of these types of seeds!

o

I'm not sure I qualify as a Newby. Years ago -- winter of 04-05 -- I read everything on this forum and tried some seeds with, as I recall, pretty good success.
So I don't know about that part.

But, if I were a newby, I'd love the seeds. It seems like such a generous treat!

Here's the second thing. I've tried and tried and tried to change my information on my member page. Forms are sometimes impossible for me to use because of the weird interface between my voice synthesized computer and the internet. I've known for years that my email address on Garden Web is inaccurate, but have never been able to alter it. And, yes, I read and followed the FAQ on what to do. It just doesn't save with the updates.

I'm willing to broadcast my email address to the whole wide world for some seed packets, so that's what I'll do if you guys think I'm enough of a newby.

Going back to my page to try one more time!

o

Wed, Dec 19, 12 at 8:39

Your email is still blocked.
Anyone is a Newbie. I put the term Newbie on it b/c there are a lot of common seeds and they are my choice, so i wouldn't want a seasoned vet to be disappointed.

ANYONE WHO NEEDS SEEDS CAN PARTICIPATE.

FLOWERS ONLY RIGHT NOW. MORE VEGGIES LATER.

o

Sounds like a great offer. I guess I'm a newbie. New here and newly retired. I'm ready to garden for real this coming year and share with the folks on my new Meals on Wheels route.
Thanks in advance!
Jim

o

sorry, zone 8

o

Cool! Well, half cool. I've gone to the page for editting my profile. I put in the new email. Both times.
Then I go to the spot about who can see my email. I've tried checking "members" and "all". And I think there's one other thing that I "check" per instructions.
The profile then reads just the way I want it.

Tried it a dozen times. I am visually impaired and so sometimes my voice synthesizer program interferes with forms. I'm guessing that's the problam, because after I click to update the profile, it brings me back to the page and none of the changes are saved.

I'll try soon to pull out the big guns, i.e. the geeky 21 year-old who will be done with finals this week and might be willing to help his dear old mom.

Crossing my fingers that seeds will hold out until then, but I'll come back and let you know when I've figured it out.

Peace- Wellspring

o

I am a 1st year winter Sower so I would be intrested in your offer as I allready spent my budget this year on veggies. Ty in advance.

Mark

o

Hi. This is my first year doing a winter sown project with some friends. I'd love to have both flower and veggie seeds. Thank you for the effort you put forth with this project.

Leslie

o

Hi bakemom,

I'd like to have seeds, both flower and veggies if you still have both. Thanks so much for all your hard work!!

Margaret

o

I'd love flower and veggie seeds too! Thank you!

o

I would also like to have both. This year, I have a deck-so can watch containers better.

o

HI I just joined a Community Garden started by a local church, I would love to get some seeds to get started. I am especially interested in Vegie seeds, however there will be common areas that we could use flower seeds as well.

Thanks

o

The seeds came in the mail yesterday.
There is a lot of choices into want to grow this coming year.

Thanks
Jeff

o

Hi, I would love a packet of seeds. Thanks so much!

o

I am new to winter sowing, and I would love some seeds! Thanks!

o

I woul love to have packs of both flowers and veggies! I am making my first attempt at winter sowing! Thank you!

o

I would like to get Newbie Seeds again please. Sally

o

I would love a seed pack. I want to try and fill in my gardens as much as possible. Thanks so much.

o

I would love a seed pack. I want to try and fill in my gardens as much as possible. Thanks so much.

o

Hi Bakemom-
I'd love some flower seeds. Thanks Peg

o

Tue, Jan 1, 13 at 13:43

You email is blocked and I can't find you thru your member page. Unblock please.

o

I live in Raleigh NC and will be moving to Smithfield NC in a few weeks I need some seeds to start a Garden if anyone can help I will be grateful Thanks, Daniel

o

Hi Bakermom,
I just changed my settings so I can receive emails. Please send the seeds if they are still available. Thanks so much.

o

Hi I am interested in your offer if you still have any seeds available. Thank you very much, Abby

o

Hello Bakemom, I'd love a newbie pack for both veggies and flowers, if available. Thank you!

o

Hi I would like both if still available,thank you

o

I am just getting back into gardening, would love some veggie and flower seeds if still available. Thanks!

o

Hi Bakemom. Long time no see! Now, that we are back in a house, I can get back into gardening. With that being said, if you have anything left over, I would love to have some, please. Thanks!

o

Would love some of the vegetable packs if you have any left. Please let me know.

o

• Posted by corrine1 7b Pacific Northwest (My Page) on
    Mon, Jan 7, 13 at 11:24

Both please for 4-H workshop on Feb. 2 where I'll teach them how to winter sow vegetables & flowers.

Corrine

o

Bakemom,the assortment of flower seeds I received was great. Several were not familiar to me, and I enjoyed learning about them. The amount was so generous, I have
already shared some. Thank you so much!

o

Hello. I would like both flowers and veggies if they are available. Thank you!
Prachi

o

Wow, so many new names on the ws forum. Wishing success to everyone.

Good job, Bakemom. Can't imagine the logistics of what you're doing.

Caryl

o

Hello Bakemom,
I just wanted to say thank you for the large envelope I received today. I am so grateful to have so many choices for this year. I felt like a kid opening a present on Christmas morning. Thank you so much!

o

I would love some flower seeds!
Thanks,
Krystal

o

I am going to be doing a winter sowing project with about 20 elementary school children in FEBRUARY. I would love some flower seeds.

o

Is it too late to participate? Would like both flowers and vegetables if you are still offering them. Thank you.

o

Mon, Jan 14, 13 at 11:32

keep em coming. I have flowers only right now. 5 stamps and a mailing label. Thank you to our generous donors.

o

yes, i'm trying winter sowing for the first time, and yes i need all the seeds i can get... should you still have siome available. oh, what's a "mailing label"? i'm just learning what can & can't be WSed, so this should help me with more seeds that can be WSed. thanks, sunshine

o

That's awesome!! I would love a flower pack!! Thank you!

o

If it's not too late, I would love some flower seeds to try. Thanks!

o

I tried WSing late year, started late but loved the idea and got some plants.

I would like some more this year, both flowers and veggies, please.

thanks so much

o

I would love some Flowers and vegetables please. This is my first year WS. Thanks

o

Mon, Jan 21, 13 at 10:09

EVERYONE - please unblock your email. I have replied to everyone, but some of these are coming back undeliverable.

o

Mon, Jan 21, 13 at 10:10

EVERYONE - please unblock your email. I have replied to everyone, but some of these are coming back undeliverable.

o

Bakemom,
Do you still need seed donations? If you do please send me an email.

Karen

o

• Posted by corrine1 7b Pacific Northwest (My Page) on
    Sat, Jan 26, 13 at 13:00

Received seeds this week for 4-H workshop on winter sowing. Thank you bakemom!

o

I would love to have whatever you have to give! I can donate seeds in the future.

o

Hi Bakemom,
I would love some vegetable and flower seeds. Thanks for your generosity.

o

I would love to get some seeds as well. Thank you so much for making this available!

o

Hi, Bakemom! I would love to take you up on this offer. It's been a while since I sowed more than a handful of containers, but I'm hoping this will be a stellar year for wintersowing!

Thank you!

o

Hi Bakemom
This is my first year to try the winter sowing I would LOVE to some of your flower and vegetable seeds. Thank you so much!
Conisu

o

Sorry I had a duplicate message

This post was edited by ConisuH on Wed, Jan 30, 13 at 17:21

o

Wed, Jan 30, 13 at 19:09

PlEEEEase unblock your emails - I answer your posts through AOL. I can't get through if youcan't accept my communication.

o

I guess I do not know what you mean. I read where you had said that previously and so I went to my member page and marked my email to be avail to members and I got an email from you just now. Is there somewhere else I need to go to do this?

o

I didn't get your email, so I am reposting. I am new to winter sowing and would love to have both a flower one and a veggie one. I will share the love with seeds harvested from it next year :)

o

I apologize for any confusion, but am reposting as I had an old email address in my account. I would love to have some seeds. Thank you and sorry again!!!

o

I apologize for any confusion, but am reposting as I had an old email address in my account. I would love to have some seeds. Thank you and sorry again!!!

o

Thu, Jan 31, 13 at 9:56

I have responded to everyone. if you haven't heard from me please unblock your email.

o

Please let me know if any more veggie become available.

Thanks!

o

Sun, Feb 3, 13 at 12:01

I have many more packs ready to go. If you have not heard from me, your email is blocked. kcmccoyesq@aol.com.

o

• Posted by Lesuko 5, Boulder CO (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 3, 13 at 12:20

I would like to try wintersowing if I"m not too late. Can I assume that all the seeds should be sown now and would work? I keep reading that you have to know whether the seeds can take a freeze, germination type, etc. I've been wanting to try this but don't know anything about seeds.

I would love flower seeds that are great for pollinators.

Thanks,
Leslie

o

I would love flower and veggie seeds! Thank you for all your work and time!

o

Realized my email must have been blocked, even though I had set it as visible to members. The check-box allowing emails through Gardenweb wasn't saving because I didn't have a birthday entered on my profile. Go figure!

Can I try this again, Bakemom? Or should I send you an email?

Thanks for your patience!

Angel

o

Wed, Feb 6, 13 at 13:59

Folks, I return your emails via aol. even though I can hunt you down, I prefer you unblock your email.

o

Ok I should be good to go now. I can't wait to try some seeds from successful gardeners! Bakemom, thank you for doing this.

o

Ok I should be good to go now. I can't wait to try some seeds from successful gardeners! Bakemom, thank you for doing this.

o

Hi Bakemom! I don't remember ever blocking my email! I changed the email address entirely now so should be good to go!
Thank you again! Sorry!

o

I am interested in flower and veggie packs please if they are still available. Thank you!

o

I don't want any seeds cos I live in the UK - just wanted to say what a lovely offer, Bakemom. A delightful act of random generosity which, I sincerely wish, is paid back to you in many ways.

o

I just want to stop in and say thanks for the newbie pack! truly wonderful!!!

o

I would GREATLY appreciate any and all extra seeds you are willing to send my way! Thank you!!

o

I would GREATLY appreciate any and all extra seeds you are willing to send my way! Thank you!!

o
Seed Donations: Extra Produce Goes to Charity

Hi :D I'm Jordyn but most people call me Mack. I would love any vegetable seeds you have left. My family and my community seem to have hit a rough patch so I decided to start a garden. Any and all extra produce grown will be donated to a local food bank. I have plenty of space to grow and tons of time. Please reply at makenziejordyn@yahoo.com for mailing address. Have a wonderful day,
Mack

o

Hi :D I'm Jordyn but most people call me Mack. I would love any vegetable seeds you have left. My family and my community seem to have hit a rough patch so I decided to start a garden. Any and all extra produce grown will be donated to a local food bank. I have plenty of space to grow and tons of time. Please reply at makenziejordyn@yahoo.com for mailing address. Have a wonderful day,
Mack

o

Mack

o

Would love either one. This is my first attempt at WS, and I have some brand new raised beds for veggies. The voles and deer better not mess with me this year.... I have to get my yard ready for our vow renewal in 2014 - 25 years!

I thank you for your work and dedication to this project! :)

o

I'd love to receive some of your precious seeds! How generous of you!

This post was edited by juliesmom on Sun, Feb 24, 13 at 16:52

o

I woul love to have packs of both flowers and veggies! I am making my first attempt at winter sowing! Thank you!

o

I would love some flower and vegie seeds. Thanks so much. My email is bowhayb@yahoo.com

o

I would love some flower and vegie seeds. Thanks so much. My email is bowhayb@yahoo.com

o

I would love both flower and veggie packs if still possible. Thanks, Diana

o

Thu, Mar 7, 13 at 10:50

I have returned every email. if you have not heard from me, your email is blocked. Remember, the psots go to my aol account and I reply from there. This season has been the worst yet for blocked accounts.

o

Received my seeds.... it was great. Thanks again!

o

I would love both packs of seeds. Sorry I think that was my email that was blocked. I seem to have trouble with gmail.
Please email me at benzene29@aol.com that is my other email and it should work. Thank you so very much. Diana

o

Oh no! Mine must be as well! Please email me when you get an opportunity: smorga10@gmail.com.
-Thanks!!

o

Oh no! Mine must be as well! Please email me when you get an opportunity: smorga10@gmail.com.
-Thanks!!

o

Sorry for the double post- butterfingers.

A little off topic... This is my first attempt at winter sowing. Am I being a little impatient if I keep peaking in my milk jugs at this point? ;)

o

Hello - newbie here. Gardening in Eastern Massachusetts, zone 6. Bit snowy out there today.

Thank you for this wonderful offer, Bakemom.

I'd love to receive flower and veggie seeds!

thanks so much ... em712

This post was edited by em712 on Fri, Mar 8, 13 at 20:51

o

Botanical philanthropy is greatly appreciated! I would love to take you up on this if the offer is still available?
Much thanks,
Ash

o

Any more left? Ill take Either or pref Flowers, but im easy. I sent stamps out before but got my letter back in severe condition so never got any yet. Thanks

, gardenman101

o

I would love both flower and veggie seeds. I am starting a new garden with my young grand daughters, who are very excited! We appreciate your generosity!

o

Hello! This is so very kind of you! I am a newbie gardener, and I just joined Garden Web a few days ago. I was wondering if you still had any seeds left- I would really appreciate both flowers and veggies. Either way, thanks very much for your generosity.

Happy Easter!
Sachaa

o

Hi,

I would like to participate if it is not too late
Please let me know

Thank you
Olga

o

Hi,

I would like to participate if it is not too late
Please let me know

Thank you
Olga

o

Hi I'm new to gardening and would love both the flower and veggie seeds please!
Thanks, Rachel

o

THANK you so much!!!
Your awesome!!

I've been wondering where this thread was hidden...

THanks again!
-PCB

o

I would really like to try this if at all possible. I hope it is no too late.

o

Thank you so much, I received my packet of seeds, my Grand Daughters and I are very excited about getting started. We appreciate your time and effort.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here