Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
keriann_lakegeneva

Dahlias for Dahlias

keriann_lakegeneva
13 years ago

Is anyone interested in a dahlia trade (tubers only)? Dahlias for Dahlias?

I cant send them out till early April (maybe March if we get another warm streak), but I thought it would be fun to see if anyone is interested and if so, we could also do a round robin type format to get lots of variety.

Please post here if you are interested and I will get a list out to you.

Think Spring! It is close, the birds know it ; )

Keriann~

Comments (20)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    13 years ago

Hi keriann_lakegeneva,

Welcome to Garden Web!

Please see addressing newbie and newer member issues for instructions on getting your Member Page email link set up so that you can easily be reached for trading.

Happy Trading!

chemocurl...aka Sue

• keriann_lakegeneva
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Okay, I have one signed up! Anyone else interested in trading?

: )

Keriann~

• PaperFinch
    13 years ago

I have several dahlia bulbs. I'm in!

• keriann_lakegeneva
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yes! Woo hoo one more!!

Paperfinch- your paintings are BREATHTAKING! very very talented!- send me your list VIA PM please

Any more of you out there for trading?

Think SPRING!!

Keriann~

• jas_il
    13 years ago

I am still thinking but not sure. I do have some tubers. I really love dinner plate dahlias.

btw what are the rules? How it would work?

• keriann_lakegeneva
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Jas_IL

I would love you to trade with us. The rules: really relaxed. You would send me your tubers and postage to send the box back to you, and you would get the same number back. I will try to fufill requests for colors and sizes but no promises. I do have 4-5 dinner plate sized dahlias so send me over your list on a PM and I will reply back with a list of what I have... you can then decided if you want to trade.

Paperfinch- please send over your trade list.

Keriann~

• keriann_lakegeneva
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Ya�ll!

We have enough people to do a round robin (and hopefully will get more!)

Here are the details:

Please send me your list of tubers and the qty you are trading by March 1st.
    It is really important that you do not drop out after I have the lists, fellow members will be counting on your wonderful offers!

I will compile a list of what is available and send it back out to all of you. Please let me know your top 4 tubers you would like the MOST and I will try MY BEST to accommodate those requests. You can add more than 4, like colors and types you prefer but I cannot promise anything.

I will ask you send me your tubers by March 15th so I can divvy them up and get them sent back out to you by the 20th. (If you send me 10, you will get at least 10 back!) If the weather is wicked cold during that time, I will push back this date and keep you all in the loop.

You will need to send enough postage to send your original box back to you (I am thinking the USPS small flat rate postage box is the best way to send these to me and back to you). You can enclose either cash, a postage meter strip or stamps for the trip back home to you.

If you have any questions please PM me or post me (thread specified below), I want this to be fun and exciting. This is an awesome way to grow our collections and meet fellow dahlia lovers.

Think Spring!

Keriann~

PS: please follow the thread on the �Plant Exchange� titled �Dahlias for Dahlias�

• monet_g
    13 years ago

Keriann,
    Looks like you have a good plan!
    Gail

• keriann_lakegeneva
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I know more of you are looking!

Please join!

Keriann~

• collielover
    13 years ago

I'm in :) I have to go and dig out tubers to see what extras I have, what fun. Cindy

• keriann_lakegeneva
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Cindy!

It will be fun to trade with you again : )

welcome and thanks for joining!

Keriann~

PS: you got me addicted to Brugs!

• mayflower53
    13 years ago

Sent you email

• keriann_lakegeneva
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Sheila

I sent a PM back to you

Keriann~

**********JUST A REMINDER, I NEED ALL OF THE TUBER LISTS BY TUESDAY MARCH 1ST**********************

Thank you and keep thinking spring!!

• keriann_lakegeneva
    Original Author
    13 years ago

******UPDATE**********

I have lists from:
    Collielover
    Paperfinch
    Monet_g
    Mayflower
    Eva1garden

I need a list from:
    Mandolls

This has already been so much fun and I can�t wait to swap all these dahlias around.

I will get a spreadsheet made with all of the dahlias in the swap and send it out to you (it will include name, size, color, and shape as well as a picture). I hope to have it done by Sunday, but next Sunday (the 5th) at the latest.

I will keep you all updated!

Keriann~

• keriann_lakegeneva
    Original Author
    13 years ago

great news... I just got mandolls list.

we are good to go!

I will be hard at work creating a spreadsheet this weekend.

keriann~

• keriann_lakegeneva
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I just sent the list out!

VERY VERY COOL LIST!!

I look forward to everyone's picks : )

Keriann~

• keriann_lakegeneva
    Original Author
    13 years ago

This swap is CLOSED.

we have so many great tubers this year, I will have to do it again next year!

Thanks and I look forward to everyone's lists and getting tubers in 2 (or so) weeks!

Keriann~

• monet_g
    13 years ago

I received my tubers today. You guys are the best. They all look great and there's sooooo many extras.

And a huge "Thank you" to Keri for hosting and doing all the hard work to make this trade such a fabulous success.

Gail

• mayflower53
    13 years ago

I agree Gail. Great trades, great host.
    Thank you all and happy gardening.

Sheila

• eva1garden
    13 years ago

I have to agree with previous post. I ended up with so many tubers for this year. Thank you Keri. Wonderful job. Monica

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21