Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

Wanted-to trade daffodils with other daffodil collectors

Now is the time to be thinking about what all daffodils one has that need to be dug and divided this year. Ideally they should not be dug until 6-8 weeks after bloom time and 8 weeks is best, as it allows the foliage to ripen and feed the bulb for next springs bloom. They should then be cured (dried) and stored until fall planting or trading time.

I will have some different cultivars I will be planning to dig and divide and trade, though I don't have a complete list together just yet. I would like to arrange some daff trades now, so traders can get their clumps marked for digging later.

I intend to have for trade,

Triparte-a Division 11a, that is a split cup and it is prolific

{{gwi:10746}}

Geranium-Division 8-multiple blooms per stem and fragrant

{{gwi:10769}}

Jetfire-A very early dwarf daff.

{{gwi:47453}}

Tete-a-Tete This is one of the very earliest ones, is very prolific, and usually has more than one bloom per stem. It is a miniature.

{{gwi:47454}}

Sun Disc-This is a sweet little mini that blooms very late

{{gwi:10745}}

Orange Phoenix-A historic-nicely scented

{{gwi:10767}}

There may be others for digging/trading also.

If you have any extra bulbs (1-2-3) from an order placed for fall shipment, I'd love to hear what you have available.

I have all of the most common ones, but there are several from Brent and Becky's I am still needing, in case anyone orders from them.

Please be sure to post here but feel free to drop me an email also.

I'll try to remember to bump this up later, in case anyone has any extras from an order later on.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Daffseek for more info about different cultivars

Comments (14)

• trish_ca
    14 years ago

Sue,
    I can send you my list. Most of mine bloomed in early March and I have pictures of almost all of them.

Trish

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sending you an email Trish.

• chrizty
    14 years ago

Hi Sue :)
    I think you have all the daffs I have,
    Icefollies, Thalia's, Van soin, n Salome, Tazetta Geranium, I havent seen the MThood or nonsuch bloom yet this year, :(
    What daffs are you lookin for in Brent n Beackys? im gonna order for fall shipping.

Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Chrizty!...stranger...

Yes, I have all those.

What daffs are you lookin for in Brent n Beackys? im gonna order for fall shipping.
    Now that is sure a loaded question. How about you pick out what you like best and are thinking about ordering, and I'll let you know if I want/need it. If I already have some of what you pick out, and they have multiplied enough, possibly I can supply those to you from my garden and you can pick additional cultivars.

Here is a hint...I am only interested in trading for daffs that are registered with the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS).

One can check to see if they are registered by plugging the daff name into daffseek. I know B and B sell several daffs they have introduced, (like the one below at Daffseek) but they are not registered.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fellows Favorite-Introduced 2008, not registered with the RHS

• chrizty
    14 years ago

Hi Sue :)
    Ill go over the ones i like n check the daffseek. n let ya know, :) that might help me get my wants list down haha. ill be ordering by the end of this month. or the 19th. ill have a list soon for ya,
    ill put this topic in my favs so i dont loose it :)

Original Author
    13 years ago

Bumping this up in case anyone will be digging daffs for trade or ordering daffs, and would like to trade some, for some of mine, thus increasing a 'collection' of different cultivars.

Sue

• daffodilgirl
    13 years ago

Sue,

If it doesn't state that it is not registered with the RHS then does that mean that it is or will it state that it is?

Thank you,
    Tracy

Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi daffodilgirl,

If it doesn't state that it is not registered with the RHS then does that mean that it is or will it state that it is?

It will either have a Year Registered like Sweet Love
    Or it will have Year Introduced and then behind that it will say not registered with the RHS, like Pappy George

Sue

• daffodilgirl
    13 years ago

Sue,

Thank you for helping me out! I have a few daffodils. They have been neglected this year. So I am not sure exactly what I will have for trade. This is there second full year with me. I didn't get to pay much attention to who bloomed well this year though.

Plus I never have felt comfortable about digging up and storing. I tend to get nervous and worry that I will kill them. But if you are willing to walk me through it and if I have something that you are interested in maybe we can trade. I will go out and check to see.

Here is some that I might have for trade...

At Dawning 1 W-P
    Amber Castle 2 YYW-WYY
    Arkle 1 Y-Y
    Barrett Browning 3 WWY-O
    Bee Mabley 3 W-YYO
    Bell Song 7 W-P
    Blue Bird 2 W-W
    Bobwhite 7 Y-Y
    Bright Candle 2 Y-R
    Ceylon 2 Y-O
    Cuesta 2 W-GYP
    Glenfarclas 1 Y-O
    Golden Rapture 1 Y-Y
    Hoopoe 8 Y-O
    Kamau 9 W-GYR
    Ladies' Choice 7 W-W
    Motmot 8 Y-R
    Mysty Glen 2 W-GWW
    Patois 9 W-GYR
    Regal Bliss 2 W-GWW
    Ruby Throat 2 W-P
    Spun Honey 4 Y-y
    Trumpeter Swan 1 W-P
    Tudor Love 2 W-P
    Tyneham 3 W-R
    Veery 7 Y-Y
    Vigilante 1 W-W
    Waxwing 5 W-W

If there is something that might interest you let me know and I can go check.

Tracy

Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh, I am interested in several, but will have to get back with you maybe Monday, after checking them out.

Please see addressing newbie and newer member issues for instructions on getting your Member Page email link set up. I can't reply to the follow-up reply that was emailed to me because you have your email setting set to show email addy to

Sue

• daffodilgirl
    13 years ago

Sue,

Ok I think I fixed it. Thank you for the help!

Tracy

Original Author
    13 years ago

bump...moving this up.

Anyone ordering some daffs that would like to trade a few of one named cultivar for another named cultivar?

Anyone digging some 'named' daffs that would like to arrange a swap for late Sept/early Oct when it is nearer proper planting time?

I have others too that are not listed here, but those that have responded so far have my complete list. Please post here (and drop an email also if you like) if you are interested in knowing what others 'might' be available. Several of them I won't know for sure about until after I get them dug to see how well they have multiplied.

Sue

Original Author
    13 years ago

Anyone else maybe ordering some named cultivars that might like to swap a few for some other named ones? Availability has changed since the first post...not all may be available, but I likely have others that aren't listed here in this thread...LMK if anyone might be interested.

Sue

• irish_rose_grower
    13 years ago

Hey Sue -- how are you doing?
    I would love some of those daff's we spoke about a while ago. (butter and eggs, or bacon or something? and then you got the right now(forgot it).
    I don't have any daff's to trade but how about some daylilys? (or postage:-)
    thanks

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths