Return to the Hypertufa Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
grave markers

Posted by cammiepaul sc (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 29, 07 at 14:04

Hello,

I am new to all of this and I am very interested in making some grave markers for my pets that have moved on. I have the plastic letters that you use when making stepping stones for my pets name. But I was wondering what recipe would be the best?, and could you use o mold out of the plastic baseboard molding, so that it would take the shape of a tombstone. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Cammiepaul

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: grave markers

What a great idea. I would guess a recipe using a little more cement and a little less rough ingredients would give you enough definition for the letters to show up well. I hope you post pictures of the finished grave markers. Will they be placed anywhere in your garden as memorials or over the actual places you buried your pets?
Jan

o

Hi, I'm new to making pet markers. I have 3 friends who want pet markers for their lost babies. I've been researching how to transfer the design to the tombstone. Please explain in detail about the plastic letters (what are they, where do i buy them?), and can you explain further about the plastic baseboard mold? Thank you.

o

I've not posted here but this thread caught my attention.
A friend of mine, and author of some dog books, came up with a wonderful idea for markers years ago. She calls them Pawstones. She just uses regular cement mold shapes tho you can use any shape you want. But she puts things in the cement before it hardens. Of course she letters the dog's name and the dates of birth and death, but then adds little momentos. I made some myself after she told me. I bought things from the miniature aisle of my craft store.
For example, one dog loved his ball and bread. So I found a little tiny plastic ball and a miniature loaf of Fr Bread.
I also put his ID tag in the cement as well. I had a plastic pin of his breed that I painted like him, and also added that. The ideas are endless on personalizing things for pets. I even used heart-shaped refrigerator magnets with pretty sayings on them. I used a sealer on top of all, and re-applied yearly.

Karen

o

I made these garden gravestones several years ago. They are not for pets but I thought they could easily be modified for them. I might make one for my sister's dog. With the hypertufa I could carve the pictures.

Here is a link that might be useful: link to old post

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hypertufa Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here