Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindasewandsew

Posting Photos, ETC.

lindasewandsew
15 years ago

With so many new people, can someone post simple photo posting instructions here? Are all the photo hosting sites the same or do we need separate instructions for each one? Feel free to give any other hints you may know too. Re-title your post in this thread (such as; Changing Font Size) to make it easier to find. I'm sure a lot of you are keeping instructions on how to do some cool stuff from the rest of us, lol. Posting moving graphics, changing font colors, bringing up a thread that's fallen off the forum, clickable links, are just a few things someone probably knows and others don't. No idea is too simple to post.

The link below is an older instruction thread from the Kitchen Table forum, and has some good info. Anything that still works on it can be posted here too. Thanks, Linda

Here is a link that might be useful: Instructions from KT forum

Comments (6)

• debby_md_z7
    15 years ago

linda
    i was thinking the same
    thing i need a photo bucket
    lesson.

lesson needed

debby

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Sweet Linda thanks for bringing this up.
    I know a little bit about PhotoBucket but not everything.

debby- If you go over to the discussions side there is a post "Sorry About The Small Pictures" by joega March 26. I answered her at the bottom of the 2nd pic that I posted for her. Her Photo bucket name is DebisDixie. I told her step by step how to bring a picture over to your garden junk posting that you already have in photo bucket.

My son helped me learn to load them into Photobucket. And I believe sweet purple Karen helped me understand posting the pic.

All of you real computer wizzards leave me in the dust. I know just enough to get by.

• lindasewandsew
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Susiewantsroses posted: I went to your debisdixie site on photobucket. I clicked on your latest uploads. I put my curser on any picture. A list of options pop up underneath the pick. I go down and put my curser on Html and tap. This highlights the line in blue. I right click right there on the blue line and then click on 'copy'. I go back over to Garden Junk on your posting. Then I put my curser in the posting box and left click. Then I right click, a window pops up. I choose 'paste' and click it. All of the computer language that appears will be your picture when you preview your posting. You can add words on top of the picture or underneath the picture.

Here is a link that might be useful: Here's the link

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

Wrote this to joega...posting your Photobucket link to a new thread. Forgive any misuse of computer tech terminology! Jeanne S.

l. Open your photobucket and then HIGHLIGHT your photobucket address in the white box above (http://address box)...click "file" and "copy."

2. To do a new posting...click "Post a message" ... fill in "zone box" & "subject of posting" box & then your text & then hit "preview message."

3. When preview message comes up, read it ... and then keep scrolling down to re-read it again (where you can edit your text)...

4. You will see "optional link URL"...right click in that box & hit "paste" and your original Photobucket URL will copy into it.

5. Then you MUST give it a "name of the link" in the box under it...so call it whatever...I called your's "Joega yellow brick road pics."

Hit "preview message" again & then it should be there & you can send it!

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Photobucket has made it even easier to copy the html link for here. You just click regularly on the box that shows html and automatically it says "copied". Then come here and paste into your email. Instant photo, when you preview your message you'll see it before you hit submit.

Photobucket's editing tools and the fun things to do to photos is real easy to play with. Just hit the edit button on your photo and all kinds of options open up for you.

{{gwi:76417}}

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Thanks for all the help, my printer won't w-----Well it did !! How about that!! I will need directions in front of me so now I have them!! Got lucky tonight!! Jan