Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

Bottle Trees

kirkus
13 years ago

I have purchased two bottle trees! The first was one from Collections, Etc. It has a great shape. I had to place heavy stones at the bottom to hold it in place. The metal is hollow so would shake in the wind but I have it in a sheltered place. Since I took this picture, I placed 6 more bottles on rebar below it to give it the look of another layer. Looks cool! I'll take another picture soon.

{{gwi:130364}}

Now, here's my latest find! My wife Carol ordered me a bottle tree from Gardener's Supply Company. (She had a $6 off coupon plus free shipping! My wonderful wife...the bargain shopper!) I just received this tree. It is solid metal and VERY sturdy! You can adjust the branches in different poses. Can't wait to fill this tree with blue bottles. I have to have Carol start boozing it up to get more bottles! LOL I am sooo happy with this additional tree! I'll have one tree in the front yard and one in the back yard!

Just wanted to share my finds! Bear Hugs! Kirk

Here is a link that might be useful: Other Bottle Tree

Comments (18)

• kirkus
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here is the link to the first bottle tree I purchased. Karen, aka Purplemoon, discovered this tree awhile back and shared it on the forum! Thank you, Karen! Bear Hugs! Kirk

Here is a link that might be useful: Other Bottle Tree

• grandma_cindy
    13 years ago

Kirk, how do you get your pic to show within your post? And how do other people get multiple pics to show? I did a test pic on the test forum, and it placed the blue link but that's all.
    Ah well 2am so I guess it's time to hit the hay.
    Love the bottles!

• kirkus
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Cindy, Here's a good link on how to post pictures. :o) Hope it helps! Kirk

Here is a link that might be useful: Pictures

• nanagrandma
    13 years ago

I love all the additional bottles, Poor Carol now you make sure when she gets tipsy drinking up whats in the blue bottles she does not drive, LOL]
    I may order one of the new ones too especially if it is stronger. We get a lot of wind thru here.
    Hugs Back

Sylvia/Nanagrandma

• kirkus
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sylvia, the second tree through Gardener's Supply Company is soooo strong. I am so impressed. You won't go wrong with it. I just read the reviews on it, and everyone seems pleased. Oh, how I wish I had my bottles for it NOW! :o) Bear Hugs! Kirk

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

I think I'll have to head up to Gardeners Supply in Burlington VT. Maybe a gardeners Road Trip. Seems like I'm the only person here with the bottles in plenty (blue ones at that), but no tree!
    Kathy

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

They both look great Kirk! Love the blue bottles!

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Your all set now, those are super. The blue looks very elegant, I've been tempted to buy a metal one, we have a local iron import place that carries them. For now I have the one DH made for me out of a cedar tree, he's added more metal nails when the limbs have broken. I have about 40 different bottles and glass flower frogs on it. It reminds me of the ones I saw as a child in rural Louisiana.
    Frou

• lamb716
    13 years ago

I REALLY like that!! :o)

• suzyqute
    13 years ago

the one from collections catalog is shaky,I put mine in a large can, added cement to the coffee can, and inserted it into a huge flower pot to display, it keeps it very stable . (I used chicken wire over the top of can to keep the stake upright before adding the cement) then planted petunias in the flower pot around the stake .

• susiewantsroses
    13 years ago

If Gatorade came in blue bottles I could send you a case.

Your bottle tree garden will be the talk of the hood. ;)

• luvs2click
    13 years ago

I ordered the one from Collections too, in fact, I ordered 2 of them and sent them both back. I had intentions to sell them at my garden show, but felt it wasn't good enough quality. I did love the shape of it. It would have never lasted out here on our windy hill! But yours looks great with the blue bottles! I look forward to seeing the other one when you get it full!
    Arlene

• coppertop367
    13 years ago

I had seen that bottle tree in the gardners supply catalog and wondered how strong it was...now I think I'll order one.! Thanks!

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

I love that swirly tree too. I do like the idea of putting it in a pot with cement. It has such a nice shape to it. I like the price of the Gardener's Supply Co. tree too. If it is tall enough, it would look great filled with bottles. I can't wait to have a yard so I can have a bottle tree!

• nancelee
    13 years ago

I have the bottle tree from Collections also and received it as a gift. We were thinking that the strong winds we have here would damage it so we placed it under an arbor, pushed the stake into the ground, and wired it to the top of the arbor. You really don't notice the wire and it makes it very secure. We have had storms and lots of wind and neither the tree nor the bottles have moved. I used all blue bottles and do they ever sparkle and shine! I will try to get a picture.

• Naomi Miller
    13 years ago

Where do all of you find colorful bottles? I love the blue....but I also like the rainbow look.... but all I ever seem to see is clear...not so much excitement in those, lol.....

• kirkus
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Heartzlink, We found ours in a variety of places. Garage sales, thrift stores like Goodwill... We also found ones for $2 and $3 at a local beer/wine making shop. They had them in different sizes and colors. We also found some filled ones at WalMart, Target and The World Market had a variety of shapes and colors. You could also ask a local bar if they could save them for you. I knew a waitress at a bar (who had a son in my classroom), and she saved bottles for me. Hope that helps. :o) Bear Hugs! Kirk

• Naomi Miller
    13 years ago

Kirk, you are all fortunate..... I have scoured GW, TS and yard sales....I see nothing interesting....I have the same issues with items for my totems.....guess folks in my area just do not have cool glass...I will have to locate me a bar and see if I can get in good graces, lol...... thanks for the info.... and I love your trees.....

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor