Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grandma_cindy

greetings

grandma_cindy
13 years ago

I found this forum via a link on a craft forum, and I must say I'm in trouble now! LOL

I've been wanting to do a glass totem for a while now, but have become INSPIRED in the last few days! While I want to make some taller ones for the garden, I also think they would market well for in the house, like on a foyer table to collect keys, change, etc.

I bought some glassware at a friend's flea market, and then also at GW, and I cannot wait to get the first one done! My biggest problem? So many choices in the combinations of glassware that I cant CHOOSE! I know, just do it, right? :-D

I hope I can make totems half as beautiful as those I've seen on here.

Now I just have to learn how to add pictures.......

Comments (13)

• kirkus
    13 years ago

Welcome, Cindy!!!! You're going to find the nicest, most encouraging people on this forum! They always INSPIRE too! :o) Can't wait to see pictures of what you create! Make sure you check out the Conversations side of the forum...that's where people share what's going on in their lives...prayers, joys, struggles...you really get to know people on that side. Again, WELCOME!!!!! Bear Hugs! Kirk

• luna_llena_feliz
    13 years ago

Welcome to a warm and friendly forum, Cindy! I'm sure you'll come to love it here. I can't wait to see pictures of your creations. If you really want a treat, click on the link below to go to the Garden Junk Inspiration Albums that purplemoon aka Karen has so nicely put together for us. I often go there and just drool over the wonderful creations. Look at the left side of the page and you'll see albums organized into various categories like Bottle Trees n Marble Trees, Bowling Balls and Totems. I think you'll have lots of fun getting inspiration from the many gorgeous pictures. Have fun!

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Junk Inspiration Albums

• grandma_cindy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Kirk & Luna. I have been to the photo album, and reading pages and pages of discussions LOL
    Let's see if I can get an image to show. One of my fav winter activities, painting clay pots.

Well, I guess not, since the upload option is not available!?!?!?! OK, what did I do wrong?

• kirkus
    13 years ago

Cindy, I posted this on another post for you but will post it here too. This is a great tutorial on how to post pictures. Hope it helps! :o) Bear Hugs! Kirk

Here is a link that might be useful: How to Post Pictures

• concretenprimroses
    13 years ago

Welcome Cindy. I'd love to see your painted pots.
    Kathy

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Welcome to the junkyard Cindy! So glad to have you join us....looking forward to seeing your painted pots and your totem! Be forewarned though...totems are VERY addicting!

• nonacook
    13 years ago

Welcome!
    Like all of the folks said--
    This is a great place to be!

• princess_mimi
    13 years ago

You will love it here in the Junk yard! Welcome!

~~Mimi

• shadyswing
    13 years ago

Welcome, Cindy! "Just do it!" lol You're right, in the end, that's what it takes. With my first totem, I'd stack, step back and restack until it felt right...You'll know. Looking forward to seeing your creations! = : )

• grandma_cindy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the warm greetings all! I will post my pot creations - as soon as I figure out the pic thingy! LOL

• toomuchglass
    13 years ago

Uh-oh ......... another addict to add to our flock ..

** evil laugh ! *** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• seamommy
    13 years ago

Welcome aboard, Cindy, we're glad to have you here. This forum is addicting. If you have one single creative gene in your entire DNA you will be hooked for life. Any more than that, well, watch out! MWHa-haha-hahah!!! We have her now everyone...!!!!!!!

• grandma_cindy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

oh my oh my, I DO believe I'm in the right place! Not only do yall inspire, you have the same sense of humor as me LOLOL Ohhhhhhhhh watch out! :-D

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus