Return to the Garden Junk Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thanks for the inspiration

Posted by pashta_2006 Z4 ADK NY (pashta@aol.com) on
Sun, Sep 2, 12 at 17:50

I've spent a good part of today looking through old posts here and finally got up the courage to do something about an ugly plant area. I already had lots of stuff I'd bought at yard sales, etc, but they were scattered around in the weeds and grass.

But first we had to go to the market. On the way back we stopped at a yard sale and there was the perfect "tower" to add to the garden for $1.

Here's the over-all garden after tweeking it:

Photobucket

Here's the right side with the cement castor leaf I made:
Photobucket

This is the tower I bought with the sundial I already had:

Photobucket

Thanks for all your posts. I now can sit in the front yard (when I'm not in the back yard at the pond) and enjoy the view.

Anne

PS Hi Diggery and Calamity J

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thanks for the inspiration

Looks great. Cute tower & works so well with the sundial! Love that rusty watering can! The caster leaf came out well even the birdhouse on the ground looks adorable. Is that a hummer feeder there? Enjoy!! Oh, how about a pond pic!!Jan

o

Well you found the perfect 'tower' for your sundail! Looks great! Looks like your ugly plant area is ugly no more!!! (of course, I didn't see it 'ugly' ...looks good now!) Cement castor leaf is very cool! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

So cute!!!

o

I've included the link for the pond below. The pictures were taken in June so things look different now. The Morning Glory tower is full of blossoms every day and the skippy filter is full of frog bit.

Yes that is a hummingbird feeder. I have since added another one. The one you see is often overwhelmed by bees but the one I just added is made from a test tube and the bees can't get to the sugar water, so I am hoping the hummers will find it and use it.

Thanks for the compliments. I look forward to the plants filling in a bit so it doesn't look so "raw".

Here is a link that might be useful: Pashta's Pond

o

Looks like lots of cool "junque" to me! Love the castor leaf and the new sundial tower, the birdhouse, etc. But, what I really want to know is what is the tall thing behind that has the white looking orb in it?? THAT is cool!

o

Marlene,

Yes, that is cool. It is a copper lawn sprinkler. It was a "take it, it's free" item at a neighbor's house. The arms revolve, spraying water around. The white thing is an orb that used to be gold I think. Somewhere I have some gold gilt for stenciling furniture and want to put that on it (when I find it) and polish the copper.

Anne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Junk Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here