Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
aloe vera plant questions

Posted by evchado32 none (My Page) on
Sun, May 8, 11 at 21:11

first of all, does it look fully grown? http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv26/evchado32/photo-2.jpg
the leaves are kind of tiny and i didn't know if it was grown completely or not. Secondly, I want to use the gel for my face, what is the best way to get the gel out? Should i cut the full leaf off and kind of fillet the top part off and put it in a tupperware container? or should i just cut some of the leaf off and use what's in that? also, after cutting the leaves off, will they grow back? how often should i cut the leaves off and how long would it take for new ones to grow back? all help is appreciated. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: aloe vera plant questions

I can't even guess any of that. But we do have an herbalism forum. They are great with usages of plants in every day ways.

Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: herbalism forum

o
RE: aloe vera plant questions

I keep aloe vera near the kitchen stove. If I get a burn -and think about it- I snip off the leaf near the base and just squeeze it. I don't think I'd try to keep any of the gel in advance of actual use. I actually find cold tea bags better for the burn.

The growth rate will vary due to the usual reasons: variety of plant; availability of appropriate nourishment and water; sufficient sunlight; size of pot; etc.

Having said all that, I divided my 24" tall plant last fall and just stuck one of the babies into a little pot that better fit onto the window sill. It was less than an inch tall at the time, with about a half-inch of root. It is now about 8 inches tall, has 8 leaves, and has made several babies. Apparently it is a happy plant, but I'm going to have to sit down and discuss birth control with it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here