Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A lot of Newbies. Yup. :-)

Posted by pitimpinai z5 Chicago (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 25, 07 at 13:51

There are a lot of newbies this winter, aren't they? It's nice to see their posts and their enthusiasm. :-)

I ventured out to the Growing from Seeds forum once in a while. Every time someone suggested WS, someone else would become territorial and put down WS. I think negative comments made newbies more curious about WS, though. Interesting. Many newbies here proved that. :-) Kudos to them. :-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A lot of Newbies. Yup. :-)

Yep, been there, done that. There a just a few of them on that forum who become wacko at the mere mention of WSing. I just don't go there anymore. I like it here with the friendly folks.

Karen

o

• Posted by nurmey 5 Omaha, NE (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 26, 07 at 19:37

I enjoy seeing all the new folks here too. If the trolls (and there is only a few) at Growing From Seed is getting them here with their meanness than yippee for us. I have to say that I don't really enjoy going to that forum anymore. Funny thing is that is exactly what we do; GROW FROM SEED!

We should all be sharing our experiences and knowledge and learning new methods and ideas openly, peacefully, and respectfully since that's why we come to GW.

o

• Posted by pvick z6B NYC (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 28, 07 at 15:40

Lots of "new" kids on the block, indeed! It's still amazing to me what I have learned and continue to learn on this forum - even if I'm mainly lurking these days.

There are quite a few forums at GW where folks can get kinda testy; I guess you just have to take it in stride. Glean what you need and leave the rest behind.

But we all know where "home" is when we need it - and my gardening home is still the WS forum.

PV

o

Yeah, I like it here even though I get away from it sometimes.
I took a jab at replying to a post on Growing from Seed forum. Someone asked about sowing outdoors . We'll see how others will take my reply. :-)

I feel sorry for some new gardeners who innocently ask for info then receive only one point of view. :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Greenhouse tray outdoors question

o

Funnily enough I've never been to the Growing from Seed forum. I like it here at the WS forum. I might have to go eaves drop though. :) So far no snide comments about your post I like to tweak people's chains a bit. Tell them to quit being so serious and focus on what you love, no matter how you get there. Sheez..... My motto is does it work for you?
Monica

o

Well, I'm a newbie and I've not ventured over to Growing from Seed. I never could do that before - grow from seed. Last year I planted bachelor buttons (got two plants that were unbelievably pathetic; 4 o'clocks - two plants out of two whole packets of seeds...neither one grew taller than 4 inches and there were no blooms; and cosmos - two whole flowers on spindly stems that made you want to cry. And THAT was success for me!! Before that nothing even came up!

Now, with wintersowing, I'm having amazing success so far. I'm amazed and I don't care what anybody thinks. If it doesn't go by the rules? I don't care.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here