Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
~*~ WinterSwap 2012~*~

Posted by sassybutterfly_2008 7 NorthWest GA (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 25, 12 at 19:21

So... who's ready for WinterSwap 2012 to begin?!?! :)

It's getting cooler... I've had uncontrollable urges to hoard 2liters and milk jugs, midnight checks of the neighbor's recyling bin and the neighbor's neighbor's bin and.. (you get the idea...) and just about any ol' thing that might hold dirt thru the winter. Yep, it's about that time.... :)

I will post this year's swap details on Halloween. Last year we had a great number of participants, an amazing number of seeds sent in to share, and I'd love to see even more of you join in this year if possible. Newbies are definitely welcome! There's always PLENTY to share!

Details coming soon!

~Sassyb.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ~*~ WinterSwap 2012~*~

I was just poking around on the forum last night looking to see if where was anything about this year's Swap. How exciting!

I'm ready!

Indiana.Matt
Matthew

o

What is a Winter Swap? How is it different from what Bakemom is doing or seed trading forum?

o

Ladyrose, here is the link to last year's swap information. It was really an excellent swap and I imagine it will be the same this year!

Here is a link that might be useful: http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/wtrsow/exch101251202327.html?122

o

Don't have a lot of collected seed, Tornado wiped out the garden, have store bought seed....I need to swap so I can re plant. Now we have Frankenstorm hitting....ugh!

o

Daisydawnny ~ how did you fare in the storm? I hope all is well with you <3

Ladyrose ~ hopefully molanic's link to last year's swap answered any questions? If not, just let me know! :)

Everyone received quite a nice amount of seeds last year, whether you were a full-fledged swapper or a newbie that was gifted with a 'garden'. :)

I am posting this year's swap info right now.

~Sassyb.

o

Good morning Sassybutterfly. The storm did not hit as hard here as expected....thank goodness. Took a quick look at the new greenhouse and it seems all my preperation measures helped it weather the storm. (that is where I prep and plant my wintersown containers instead of making a huge mess in the kitchen).

Looking forward to the swap, I will see what I can come up with. I definately have the itch!!!!!! I have to find some potting soil while the stores may still have it. Got water jugs stashed under my desk at work as I type, lol.

o

Good Morning everyone!!

The WinterSwap is getting off to a slow start and I would love to welcome anyone who is interested to stop by and think about joining in. Everyone last year received an abundance of seeds back, most much more than what they sent in. I'd love to encourage all the 'newbies' to join up as we are ALL seed enablers and we would LOVE to help you get started with a nice start-up package to get you winter sowing this year!!

If anyone is interested in donating only for the newbie WS packages, you are welcome to do that as well. Just send me an email and let me know and we'll get the details sorted out.

I've extended the DUE BY date to December 3rd so no one is rushed to put together a swap package before or during the Thanksgiving holidays. Come on over and join us! We'll be starting our first game on Monday!! :)

Sassyb.

Here is a link that might be useful: ~*~ WinterSwap 2012 ~*~

o

Daisydawnny and Indiana.Matt ~ I need you to come on over to the link above and 'officially' sign up! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here